Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My grandaughters siting !


<
Yesterday was a day off from school for my 7 year old grandaughter and we spent the day together birdwatching. As we were feeding the ducks at the far end of Pagham Lagoon and as I was looking at the Tufted ducks and a drake Pochard she quietly announced that she was watching a Water rail! Not really believing she was seeing this very retiring bird or that she would even recognize one I turned and looked to where she pointed and sure enough there was a water Rail skulking in the reed bed! We waited a short time and as it ran nervously across a patch of water I was able to get a record shot of the bird before it was lost to site in the reeds. What a lucky siting and thank you Jasmine.

No comments: