Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Half Term Treat !!!





Just as I was settling down to play shops with my 9 yr old grandaughter Jasmine, the phone rang and it was local birder Tim Edwards 'I've got a Lapland Bunting on the North wall'. I explained it was a problem as I was entertaining my grandaughter but on reflection I thought this may be of interest...Christmas is coming,Santa Claus, Lapland...Wow, a bird from Lapland!!!! We soon got togged up and with camera and binoculars (she insisted on my Leicas!) and set off to the North Wall. We very quickly located Tim and the birders and whilst I photgraphed the Bunting, Jasmine looked around and found a Spoonbill on a mud bank and then there were Black tailed Godwits, Curlews, Redshanks, Wigeon,Pintail. Time passed quickly and we were soon back playing shops!

Not a bad morning!!!

No comments: