Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

A new garden 'tick' !

After another bitter night I ventured out in bright sun but before I reached the hide a snow storm blew up and the Norherly wind cut right through me!

On returning home more quickly than planned I was rewarded by finding a Fieldfare outside the window...

..and a splendid Song Thrush..

...but best of all a Mediterranen Gull!

Although all 3 of the above were photographed through the double glazing I was pleased to obtain the Med Gull which clearly shows the key ID pointers i. e. heavy blood red bill, distinctive head markings etc. A nice garden tick although we do have plenty flying over and the Lagoon can hold 200+ at times.
The high tide line in the harbour held very few birds as the frost has bitten harder and has made any feeding impossible...I am very concerned about the survival rate of the many birds feeding here during the past few days.

No comments: