Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What a bird!! WOW!

After a brief walk around the Spit at 7.30 a.m. I made my way to Burpham to try and find the long staying and very rare, Pallid Harrier. After much searching I met up with a very helpful birder who had been on previous occasions and had got a fairly clear idea of its hunting pattern. However, whilst I was with him him it didn't show and I decided to go on and trace the track he had mentioned. Less than 5 minutes later there it was quartering the fields...at some distance however and hardly photographable. Nevertheless I managed to get a few record shots and the one below is probably the best flight shot....at least it is a record (and a great life tick for me)

The Pallid Harrier at Burpham

No comments: