Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Monday, October 15, 2012

You can't beat Pagham....for birds of all sorts.

Initially the weather didn't look promising but by 8.45 the light improved and I decided on a wander to the North Wall to check on Spoonbills! Regretfully no sign and several other birders confirmed they were not about. A small flock of Golden Plovers were on a mud bank far out in the harbour, a Greenshank flew over and as I made my way alongside the reed bed of Breech Pool suddenly I heard 'ping ping' ! My luck was in, so I thought. I waited and waited and waited and suddenly there they were, a pair of them in the sun . No sooner had I seen them, they disappeared into the reeds. I continued to wait and by now they were along way away in flight ....not a chance of a photo! No prizes for guesssing what 'they' were!

 So I made 'do' with a few of the more common local avifauna on which to practice my photography...

Grey Heron
Green Woodpecker


Lapwing

...and there is nothing wrong with the the local 'common' birds!!



No comments: