Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Monday, April 21, 2014

An S.E.O. on the spit.

As  I went for my regular wander on the spit this morning at 9.15  I was surprised to flush a Short Eared Owl from virtually under my feet. It circled and then eventually landed on the south side of the Little Lagoon...no camera, of course!

A few Swallows came in off the sea.

At about mid-day my neighbour came and told me a bird was nesting in her car....what should she do! I went to investigate and a Blackbird had started to make a nest on the top of the rear wheel of her car ....under the wheel arch! It had obviously started in the early morning ans was about a third of the way through the construction. We had no alternative but to remove the nest as the vehicle was needed!
The partly built Blackbirds nest on the rear wheel...under the wheel arch!
Several parties of Whimbrel flying in off the sea during the day, besides Curlew.

Lots of Bank Holiday visitors on the beach ....with dogs!

No comments: