Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Pagham at its best!

I count it a real privilege to be able to watch these rare  Little Terns from the comfort of my living room...wihtout even having to go outside.


 ....and now as they nest on the newly formed spit it can't get any better!

Highly cropped I know but not many people in the UK can see this from their window!

Obviously viewing through a telescope affords a better view but this is almost a garden bird!

As I completed my Breeding Bird Survey on  Pagham Spit this morning I came across this Oystercatchers nest....


Oystercatcher nest and egg against a background of the harbour.

Close up.

...and then found a pair of Ringed Plovers obviously with a nest nearby. They are easily disturbed so I kept my distance although with the numbers of unleashed dogs on the beach I don't hold out much hope for them...as already two attempts this season have failed.

The beach is looking really colourful now.....



...and its all here on my doorstep...wow!

No comments: