Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

A Taste of Spring

A great morning to be out early but little to report...birdwise. My highlight was a Green Woodpecker  on a telegraph pole!!
                                   Outside Riduna, the bungalow overlooking the Lagoon.

In late afternoon I took the 500mm for a 'walk' just to see if I could find some fodder for the blog.! Not a lot, but this is a record of what I saw...not very exciting I'm afraid!

 Mute Swan

Distant Flock of Brent Goose...they'll soon be gone to their breeding grounds.

Carrion Crow on the look out.


A splash caught my eye.....what was that?
It soon popped up... Great Crested Grebe in the main channel...against the light.

Curlew leaving the harbour.

Cormorant entering the harbour.



A pair of Wigeon coming into the harbour...far fewer of them about now.

...and that's it for another day.

No comments: