Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Cuckoo calling!






A bitterly cold North East wind was not an encouraging start to my early morning walk....but as I came out my front door, a Cuckoo was heard calling in the bushes by the Lagoon. I quickly tracked it down and made a cautious approach with camera at the ready.
It was not easy to obtain a good view which wasn't obstructed by branches.


Typical pose with wings drooping...as they very often do.


Now and again it would fly off and then I discovered there were not one, but two Cuckoos!

Calling from a more distant bush.
Out of the many photos I took in 20 minutes this is probably the best, which I have put on Flickr but there is still room for much improvement. Lets hope they stay around and that the weather warms up....it was a cold job this morning!



No comments: