Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Man from the Council!

A strange sight met me this morning as I set out for my daily beach walk...a man with an easel...at first I thought he was an artist but on approaching him I could see a rough outline map of Pagham harbour and beach.He explained he was from the council offices and was expecting to hold a meeting to discuss the problems arising from serious beach erosion. In the event of flooding to plan evacuation procedures for local residents etc...'no scaremongering you understand...just in case its needed''!! He would also be looking at ways to prevent the sea from destroying the properties along the beach front

...and then, another strange sight! A pair of Red Legged Partridges flew up from my feet just in front of the hide. This is a 'first' for me on the beach...what are partridges doing on a beach...totally out of their usual habitat! Well, as I say when birding, always remember to expect the unexpected!!

No comments: