Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Waxwings !!


h
After several abortive attempts to see the reported Waxwings in Goring by Sea I I finally managed to catch up with them during the week and although the light was poor I managed to get a few shots...
Here on Pagham Beach the Brent Geese are getting restless and with the improved weather today I think they are considering returning to their homeland in the far north! A Starling was heard mimicing a Wigeon to perfection today and it seemed strange to hear the call coming from the top of a telegraph pole!
Several resident birds are now singing regularly and the thought that Spring is not far away is very welcoming.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Fantastic Waxwing shots!

They're such wonderful birds, I wish they visited more frequently :)