Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Another nest


I stumbled upon a Ringed Plovers nest this morning just above the high tide mark....its not really a 'nest' rather a 'scrape' in the pebbles...People and dogs were wandering along the beach so I'm not too hopeful about sucess.



A really obliging male Linnet posed on a branch for me and again I am pretty certain there was a nest nearby.
Turnstone numbers are beginning to build up and there were a few Dunlins in summer plumage feeding with them.
Sand Martins in small flocks were heading west along the shoreline.

No comments: