Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Common Tern ...............

... at Warnham this morning...my first!!



Also a pair of Gadwall on the lake but unlike my previous visit, no Redpolls or Siskins...only the 'usual'...so here's a couple of shots!




Back at Pagham late afternoon I was pleased to note an Avocet swimming on the Lagoon and a pair of Sandwich terns in the harbour mouth.

I managed to get a shot of the now resident Red Breasted Merganser and it is quite clear from this, the reason for its stay!
Red Breasted Merganser showing extent of damaged wing

Incidentally, my 11year old grandaughter , casually mentioned a Peregrine Falcon she sees most mornings on her way to school on the Lloyds building in Durrington. Sure enough there it was as we passed it at 3.30pm this afternoon on the Lloyds 'horse' emblem viewable from the shops (northern)side. I had seen it months previously from the bridge on the south side so it is still in the area. Anyone know if/where it is breeding?

No comments: