Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Glossies!!



A quick walk around Pagham Spit first thing  and a single Wheatear near the hide on the harbour wall allowed a close approach...





and a Cuckoo calling from the Church Norton side and about 16 Little Terns fishing in the extended harbour mouth...

...and then it was time to check the North Wall area to see if the reported Glossy Ibis was still present. On arrival I could see a few birders at the far end of the wall so it looked hopeful. Sure enough there they were...a pair of Glossy Ibis. In typical fashion I was told that if I'd been there earlier I would have seen that they were a lot closer. Thanks Dave ! (He'd been there for about 4 hours already...have a look at his blog (http://friendsofgroynenumber4.blogspot.co.uk/ ))

However I managed to get a few record shots despite not having my 1.4 extender. I shall return when the light is better,the birds are closer and I remember to take the right equipment!


Great crested Grebe on Breach Pool

No comments: