Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Just like buses!

I have been expecting to see my first Wheatear on the beach for the past week but not a sign.
This morning outside the bungalow my first ! As I wandered up to the hide another on the path and then on the metalwork by the hide a third! A stonking male.....
Male Wheatear.
The Iceland Gull was on the beach at 7.00am. and later returned to the Lagoon. I couldn't resist taking a few more pictures at 3.45p.m.  as its in my 'patch'...it wont be here for ever!

Iceland Gull against a dark background



...in flight.

...showing off the wing and tail markings well.
 
...and for good measure an ever present Tufted Duck
Drake Tufted Duck
...and a pair of Great Crested Grebes

No comments: