Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Saturday, November 1, 2014

The early morning sun quickly disappeared behind thick cloud..it only lasted a few minutes. It certainly shone a spotlight on the old 'local nature reserve' sign. The RSPB  are a little slow in replacing this one... I don't believe the Spit is a high priority!

 On my way to try and locate the reported Snow Bunting I noted this Cormorant fishing close to the bank on the Lagoon.

Keeping a close eye on me.
Later in the day the sun reappeared and I tried yet again to locate the Snow Bunting...again unsuccessfully. However as I made my way to the North Wall I did spot a distant Ruddy Shelduck.
It was way out so a very heavy crop...the bird had a severe limp.
As I made my way along Whites creek I tried to get a few shots of the 'usuals' .....
Black Tailed Godwit

Drake Wigeon.

Grey Plover with worm

This one didn't come out quite so easily!

Another look for the Snow Bunting later in the day but still 'no joy'.
Brent Geese flying from the harbour to the Lagoon.
...and finally a Curlew in the late afternoon sun.
 Tomrrow is another day....perhaps a Snow Bunting Day!

No comments: