Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Life on Pagham Spit

It was one of those rare 'perfect' mornings when the sun was warm and the air was still and not a soul was about. Curlews called,  a Skylark was singing aloft and a few Swifts were flycatching over the beach...magic!


 Ringed Plovers seem to be doing well this year with three pairs nesting and two of the pairs with at least two youngsters each. This morning the parents were very anxious as I walked along the beach...
I was not welcome and soon I could see why as two, almost fully grown youngsters were preening and running around on the beach.
Preening
Young Ringed Plover
A pair of Oystercatchers were eyeing me and showed all the signs of having a nest nearby....I will have to observe from afar as they are very nervous birds  when breeding.

Time was short and I had a busy 'domestic' day ahead. Hey ho!

No comments: