Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Friday, January 6, 2017

In search of a Kingfisher.

A tip off from Dave Potter a couple of days ago had me visiting Arundel WWT  at the earliest opportunity to capture an obliging Kingfisher. Unfortunately I was not able to get along yesterday when the sun shone all day and today in the afternoon the lighting was far from perfect and most of the photos were taken with an ISO of 3200! However the bird was present and even in these conditions the brilliant colours were amazing. It is the kind of bird that just begs for photos but although during the time I was watching he never caught a fish....I will have to return to get that classic 'fish in the beak' picture!
Here are a few for starters.....










I will return!

No comments: