Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Friday, April 4, 2008

My first Swallow!!

Its always exciting to see your first Swallow of summer and today was no exception. As I was wandering along the lane near the Crab and Lobster I was suddenly aware of a summer twittering sound and looking up at a telephone wire...there it was! Marvellous! I had already seen a Willow Warbler yesterday afternoon and had seen another three this morning (all singing there hearts out) but this Swallow...well, it really was the 'icing on the cake'.
It is a wonderful morning, warm sunshine from an unbroken blue sky, quite still and the sound of the skylarks singing against a quiet lapping of the ripples of the rising tide is simply magical. What am I doing writing a blog...I must get out...NOW!

No comments: