Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bank holiday hazards!


I am so pleased today is a 'normal' day! Yesterday was SO busy that the birds really didn't have a chance. People,dogs, wind surfers and worst of all kite surfers! Just look at the above image showing just a few of the surfers just in front of the specially protected area for the Little Terns nesting site. They are skittish birds at the best of times but they don't take kindly to these massive intruders flying so close! On my 'round' this morning I didn't see a single Little Tern...maybe I was just unlucky but time will tell. The wretched resident Carrion Crow was also searching the area looking for food....probably eggs! You can gather I am rather depressed this morning.

No comments: