Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

A bright start to another day.


A superb start to the day....out at 7.30 to a calm, still, sunny morning. As I made a quick eyeball check across the harbour I noticed 6 crows harrassing a large bird....it was a Short Eared Owl.
This was the first sighting this autumn for me and only yesterday I was looking at my records for past years and noticed this was about the week that I should see one. Wow...and there it was. I took a few shots but it was a fair way out but the record shot above is recognizable.
Wandering up to the harbour mouth a Kingfisher suddenly appeared in front of me resplendent in the early morning sunshine...but it was gone again just as suddenly...and then the clouds rolled in and the sun wasn't seen again all day!

1 comment:

Tricia Ryder said...

Great spot :D

I really must get down to Pagham again before too long!