Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A single Fieldfare!

During todays early morning walkabout I flushed a single Fieldfare from a bramble bush. It made its raucous call and headed over the harbour in a northerly direction. I can't remember ever seeing one here on Pagham Spit before. A few fly over in cold weather but there is very little to encourage them to feed and stay! 3 Lapwings flew in from the sea and headed North...they must have come from France as it was early morning and the sun was just rising.
Later in the day I noted 5 Slavonian grebes from my sitting room window and realised again how fortunate I was to be situated in this location. I checked my 'species seen from the window' and noted it was 102...not bad as far as window lists go!

No comments: