Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Mega Tick!!!



Having been busy over the Easter weekend I decided to go to Old Winchester Hill to see if the reported White Throated Sparrow was still present. Fortunately it was and what a bird it proved to be! I waited with the assembled twitchers for about 20 minutes when it flew on to the path just 20feet in front of us. It stayed for about 30 seconds and my first attempt at phography was thwarted by a run of uncontrollable adrenalin making focusing impossible. However I remained a couple of hours and in due course when the initial excitement had subsided I managed to get a few acceptable shots.
A life tick and a memorable morning!

1 comment:

FAB said...

Congratulations, that's a smart looking Sparrow.