Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A peaceful end to a bad start!



We were awoken this morning at 4.30am to the roar of engines....the BIG diggers had arrived to catch the early morning low tide. With headlights blazing they were constucting a road bridge to cross the channel to get more loads of shingle. Having spoken to the chaps last week they assured me they were not working at night...well I suppose this was early morning...great!!

However there were a lot more Brent Geese in the harbour this afternoon and as I wandered back from the harbour mouth I captured the photograph above which reminded me (on a small scale of the lochans of North Uist! )

No comments: