Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Lets give Burpham a try!!!

Set off from Pagham after a quick Spit inspection revealed little of interest. Arrived Burpham (pub carpark) and walked up past the farm and towards the Burgh. Plenty of Fiedfares and Redwings about and a distant Red Kite...but no sign of the much watched Rough Legged Buzzard.
On returning to the 'triangle' several birders present with optics poised but I had missed the buzzard...it had showed at about the time I was parking the car and was walking in the wrong direction...story of my life.
At least there was one familiar face present..a proper photographer with the full works...I had only taken my 'toy' lens. Hung about for a couple of hours... still no RLB but the Kites got closer...took a few shots...heavy crops against the light most of them, but just wait untill you see the 'proper' photographers results....heres a shot of him making adjustments. I'll give the reference when he posts them on Flickr.


Lots of others there too!

...and all I managed to get!!
A pair of Red Kites


Unmistakable, even as a silhouette.

No comments: