Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Friday, January 13, 2012

As I was in Worthing this morning I decided to go a little further east to Widewater in search of the long staying Snow Buntings. Met a local birder who told me he was more interested in photographing Little Egrets but who kindly pointed me in the right direction. It didn't take too long to find the 'spot' as a couple of pigeons were feeding on the beach and there, with them, a pair of Snow Buntings. It was just after 8.00am and the sun was low and gave the buntings quite an orange glow!
Keeping a lookout...and it was only a high flying Redshank!







...and then it was time to return, but as I was passing the Burpham turn and it was a very pleasant morning   I couldn't resist the temptation to wander up toThe Burgh! A ringtail Harrier and distant view of the long stay Rough Legged Buzzard plus loads of Corn Buntings, Reed Buntings and a somewhat incongrous flyby Grey Heron made the journey worthwhile
One of several Reed Buntings at Burpham

No comments: