Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Friday, June 1, 2012

The Beach

The vegetation on Pagham Spit is almost looking at its best as we enter the month of June...

Vipers Bugloss

Horned Poppy

Sea Kale

Sea Kale close up.
My regret is that as we have lost so much shingle outside our bungalow due to erosion that we now have no Sea Kale at all! A good 30ft of splendid Sea kale habitat lost!

An interesting bird turned up today. A complete albino juvenile Starling within a flock of about 30 birds looking for leather jackets.Its beak was a pinky yellow colour and legs were light coloured too.
On reading the local paper this evening I see someone has photographed the bird in the West Meads area of Bognor during the week. So my challenge now is to get a good close up shot (naturally I didn't have my camera with me when I saw it this afternoon! )

No comments: