Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Non Pagham Spit news



Just arrived back from a couple of days in London. Found a load of noisy Rose-ringed  Parakeets outside our hotel near the Greenwich Maritime Museum....they were  VERY noisy and I'm not too sure I would want them in my Pagham garden on a permanent basis!

The Sussex Bird Report for  2011 was awaiting my return and what a fantastic record this is....congratulations are certainly due to all those involved in this mammoth production, a wealth of information....all 313 pages! I noticed there were only 13 records of Rose-ringed Parakeets in Sussex in 2011 but I recall seeing them many years ago in Church Norton on a fairly regular basis. Perhaps its just as well they didn't colonize our area in view of there squawking calls!



No comments: