Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Friday, January 11, 2013

A quiet morning.

As the clouds dispersed this morning I felt it was time to take Big Bertha for her first outing of the year. A quick visit to the North wall produced very little so I opted to visit Church Norton. A Song Thrush was singing its heart out in the churchyard but apart from that, a stroll along the path to the Long Pool produced absolutely nothing...apart from a flock of Wood Pigeon. As I returned to the car park for a coffee I bumped into the Bald Eagles on their New Years Bird Race  as they were returning from a brief sea watch, unimpressed that they had dipped out on a Ringed Plover in the harbour  but delighted they had caught up with a Water Pipit earlier in Fishbourne Creek!

I returned to the harbour and photographed a few Teal



 some blowing bubbles!
 
...and then made my way to the beach, but apart from a few Turnstones and two very distant Slavonian Grebes and a Med Gull there was very little to get excited about.
Turnstone on the beach 

Nevertheless it was good to see the sun again and on returning via the feeding station (which I hadn't seen before) I was slightly disappointed that I had not been able to take greater  advantage of the good lighting conditions.
Female Chaffinch attracted by the seed hoppers

Great Tit

No comments: