Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

A January Day....the last one this year!


As soon as the rain cleared I checked the Lagoon and the harbour. Much the same variety of birdlife that is usually present but that doesn't mean its boring! A few images of some of the birds around and I was left wondering just where else I would prefer to be! 

A superb drake Goldeneye

...and the female not far behind 


Curlew






Greater black backed Gulls squabling

Black Tailed Godwits
 .................................................................................................................................................................
On my previous blog I showed the diggers on the beach  as they started shifting 20000cubic metres of shingle to replace the previous 10000 cubic metres washed away after the high tide. They worked long days even continuing after dark and at the end of the week many of the residents were pleased with the action taken. The following two photos shows the result 




xxxxxxxxxx


However ...a couple of high tides this week and its all gone! The whole lot, and more!
What a waste!
What next?

...from a slightly different angle 

A hopeful metal detector searching for treasure this morning

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and
find the majority of your post's to be precisely what I'm looking for.

Does one offer guest writers to write content in
your case? I wouldn't mind creating a post or elaborating on a few of the subjects you write regarding here. Again, awesome web site!

Feel free to visit my website xerox 8560 specs