Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Visitor exchange.

Wheatear
A pair of Wheatears were present last night on the Spit but I could only locate this, quite confiding bird this morning. The summer visitors are certainly thinning out now and although there were three Swallows over the Lagoon I noted nothing else of note except perhaps six Meadow Pipits on the beach.
Conversely the number of winter visitors are  building up with Brents spread right throughout the harbour and Teal,  Wigeon growing in numbers plus and a few Pintail. Several Clouded Yellows on the Ragwort..


Earlier in the day I paid my third visit to Cissbury Ring in search of Ring Ouzels  but it was all in vain and I have probably dipped out this year! Three House Martins and an obliging Kestrel was my sum total!


Nice bird despite no Ouzels!

No comments: