Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Monday, November 4, 2013

The Shrike at last!

After failing to locate the Shrike early yesterday morning and unable to visit the site previously I was determined to put matters right this morning as soon as the clouds cleared and the sun came out!
It was not too much of a problem and after a false start Ivan pointed me in the right direction and after a little while the shrike showed up, at first at quite a distance but with patience and a couple of hours later I had secured a few hundred shots. The light was good, if not a little harsh and having been joined by Bill Brooks we advanced slowly and gradually got a bit closer until the bird perched on the fence wire giving good views. Here are few from the morning............
Juvenile Red Backed Shrike


Initially a bit distant and flighty










1 comment:

ChrisR said...

Lovely pictures, I wish I had your light on Friday evening. I envy you the location, but have grave concerns over the erosion, hope all goes well. Check out my blog at fourmarksbirdingblogspot.co.uk