Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

West Sussex is the place to be for Gulls at present!

As I had to go to Worthing today I decided it was time to try for the much photographed Little Gulls at Brooklands Park. Many photographers had got some superb images of these birds so I thought it would be a doddle. ...wrong!!!

A real challenge ....fast moving, harsh lighting, erratic flight etc etc.

Took nearly 500 photos and the great majority have been binned! However a few have survived but I may have to return to try again!














They don't look too bad viewed small but lack of catch lights and focus problems leave a lot to be desired. However I think the general 'jizz' of the bird comes across.

Back at Pagham in the afternoon  there was a Chiffchaff in the Lagoon bushes (no hint of Siberian! ), a pair of Red Breasted Mergansers, Goldeneye 2f 1m and a pair of displaying Gt Crested Grebes. No sign of the Iceland Gull but I believe it was seen earlier in the day.

No comments: