Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Another egg!

As  I returned from my morning inspection of Pagham Spit I discovered the 'strange' Mallard sitting in the sink garden as I passed within a few feet of the front door.



Keeping an eye on me as I let myself into the bungalow.
A few minutes later she was shuffling about  rearranging the greenery and low and behold there was another egg!
Now there are two eggs in the sink.


Job done and she is off...not seen again all day!

Very little of interest on the spit ....a female Blackbird was collecting grubs/worms and taking them to a nest adjacent to the Little Lagoon, a Linnet was making a nest in a clump of ivy which is slightly unusual as they usually build in the gorse. A couple of Meadow Pipits flew along the spit and a single Chiffchaff flitted about in the bushes. Twenty Curlew flew high out to sea and the Peregrine was sitting on his usual spot on New Island. A pair of Shelducks were exploring the possibility of using the rabbit holes as they do each year, before deciding  that there is far too much disturbance to be serious about it!


No comments: