Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Cuckoo calling!

The first baby Mallards I have seen on the Lagoon this year.

The last three of our own 'kitcen sink' Mallard eggs disappeared yesterday morning between 5.00.a.m and 7.00a.m....my suspicions for the robbery lie with Carrion Crows but I still am curious that the raid on 8 eggs in 20 minutes took place so quickly.

I heard my first Cuckoo this morning....distantly but somewhere from the Siddlesham side of the harbour.


No comments: