Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Friday, August 5, 2016

I set out with high hopes to the North Wall early this morning but was disappointed to find the water level had risen considerably and all the 'interesting' waders had disappeared. A couple of Herons were quietly fishing...one on the farthest pool....

and another by the sluice gate...


In the early evening I walked the Spit and found a couple of Wheatears 


...and flushed a pair of Whimbrel, with one flying directly over my head. 


Fortunately I had the camera at the ready as it took me by surprise and I could easily have missed the opportunity! 



So a quiet day but who knows what tomorrow may bring!

No comments: