Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Another newcomer!

Whilst this bird has been seen during the past few days in the harbour this was my first opportunity to get a shot of it. It was acting quite furtively by the harbour entrance....


But, with caution, I approached until I was within range, albeit a little distant. Nevertheless I was pleased to record a couple of shots before it flew off with its typical shallow wingbeats.







On the beach a couple of Ringed Plovers have nests and in the sunlight this morning, the birds looked really great as they kept a watchful eye on dog walkers and passers by!




I just hope they survive the constant interruptions!

No comments: