Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Glossy Ibis in Owl Copse

 Last night I missed the opportunity of being on the North Wall to witness the Cattle Egrets and  a Glossy Ibis going to roost. So, hoping the same would occur this afternoon I made certain I was in position at 4.00pm. At just before 4.30 the ibis appeared and circled over the copse and eventually dropped into the hawthorns. It actually did this three times and the light was getting more and more difficult for photography. Here are a few of my shots taken at an ISO of up to 6400 hence the grainy appearance but nevertheless I hope the atmosphere of the silhouettes of this unusual looking bird on a cold January evening can be appreciated.











So glad I made it this evening!


No comments: