Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Thursday, March 3, 2016

A very different day!


After yesterdays gale force winds, this morning was a real contrast....cold but sunny and very little wind. At just after 7.00 am I was up near the 'old' harbour entrance when I noticed a very smart fox watching me in the early morning sunshine....




 He soon made off alongside the Little Lagoon and completely ignored a Red Legged Partridge


He glanced back at me as he made his way to the bushes just north of the Little Lagoon.





The peregrine was in his usual spot.


As it was a good morning for photography I decided to go the Chichester lakes complex to see the three 'specials' reported. 

First up was the White Fronted Goose...
Distant but ok as a record shot.

Next the Egyptian Goose




...and now for some wing stretching...





And now for the third target bird...the Red Crested Pochard....no chance!!
I 'dipped' as they say!!


No comments: