Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

A real autumn morning...

The first thing I noticed when I headed for the North Wall this morning was the Substantial reduction of the water level in the Breech Pool...there were actually muddy edges for the first time for a very long time.

The first wader was a Greenshank but as I was on the lower path it was not easy to shoot through the reeds...




Second wader of note was this Spotted Redshank...








As I approached the Halsey fields a group of cows were accompanied by Cattle Egrets






Surrounded and avoiding being trod on!




In the Halsey stream a single Common Sandpiper was feeding




As I made my way towards Owl Point a coupler of Spotted Flycatchers were busy doing what they do best...catching flies.














A squirrel appeared on the scene.


Above the big pine Hirundines were gathering and Swallows were trying to alight on the top most branches.


Sand Martins










Swallows






A buzzard suddenly appeared overhead







As I headed towards Owl point I came across another herd of cows and this time a flock of about 30 Yellow Wagtails was in attendance.






...and then a Whinchat 


...and finally the back view of a Wheatear on the North wall rocks on my return.

A great morning!!

No comments: